Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stuff... or fixing stuff I break, sometimes =^..^=

******************************Where we come from***************************** **************************************************************************** I'm always wondering if the magic and fascination I found in May 2007 will ever entirely leave me, the longer I'm in our virtual world the more I learn. I did purchase "The Official Guide" when I first joined and was promptly overwhelmed by most everything in that book.The stories of the early residents interested me...but it never occurred to me that one day I too could do some of the things I read about. While I've never taken formal classes... I was mentored by a couple of people over these years and I guess I can see The Benevolent Monarchy's position that one on one help simply won't scale.... but it's still the best way to learn.

Using what I learned!...A few days ago I found a prim just sticking out of the foundation of Vic's house... my OCD kicked in... nothing would do but I had to relocate that prim. Now it was a mega prim floor and almost exactly the same dimension as foundation so it needed to be set via numbers in edit...not by clics. That is until I wanted to test exactly how much more I needed to move it.....and clicked size! Yes, we now had a 10 meter prim instead of 20 meters! The good news? I knew how to fix all that, and for me today...that is the magic here. A little more of that magic was creating a waterfall with spray and water running out to the beach...yes, it's simple stuff....now =^..^=.

There are some I've helped over these years... I live by, *we teach best what we most need to learn*... and those I may have helped?.... that is small repayment for what I've been taught. I still love Secondlife... and yes, I whine about where we may be heading... but I hope the rest of you stick around long enough to learn to love this world as I do.

And so it goes

My love to you all, brinda

Namaste

नमस्ते

2 comments:

  1. Oh brinda, that was funny and frustrating. I think you have more patience than me. Sometimes I think I have OCD. I do know I have this annoying perfectionist complex though. After all that work, it's very rewarding when the house and yard looks good. I do hope that one day you'll teach me how to create a waterfall with spray.

    I love one-on-one teaching, even if it's not enough. It's easier for the student to get good feedback that way, not to mention it just feels nicer.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good Bite

    Love always,
    Ling

    ReplyDelete