Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bumper Stickers, Profiles, & Blogs...

******************************Where we come from******************************

************************************************************************** On the way to work today I was noticing bumper stickers on cars... and that started me thinking about what bumper stickers and Secondlife profile text might have in common. I think both tell me a lot about a person, in Secondlife even the total absence of text may say something. Now keep in mind that I'm a linear thinker {plays all bloody heck with creativity!} so my thoughts then went to what do our blogs say about us? A lot I suspect. One of our very controversial bloggers can be viewed as irrational and narrowly opinionated at times...but often I see a genuine care about the direction the Secondlife world is headed...do I agree with all that's said?

In a word, No..... But I do read the posts.

Yesterday I saw a Tweet by Aeonix Aeon decrying what he/she sees as a deliberate attempt on the part of many of us to impede the future growth of Secondlife by our refusal to use viewer 2.ought oh. First...If it takes that many words to express ones feelings? You lose your audience. Second...I don't see the refusal of so many tens of thousands of us to refuse to use that interface as and impediment to Secondlife growth. Speaking solely for myself...I see my refusal to use viewer 2.ought oh as a choice I make as a CUSTOMER of Linden Lab. I want to use an interface that makes me happy...after all, I'm paying part of their wages. And so it goes My love to you all, brinda Namaste नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment