Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gifts....

Gifts....
So often I have the ability to overlook whats really important in life. Maybe that's true for all of us....
I think of how my life has gone.....I'm a the classic tale of the old saw, "Don't give me justice...give me mercy". Some years ago I decided I wanted to go see the Amazon jungle....the trip was fantastic... The time to go is in January {"dry season" there :=) }...I drove to Miami for the flight south...Stopping at a friends house in Texas on the way. The evening before I was to continue, My friend looked at me and said, "You know you're not supposed to be doing this?". Why?, I said...Hey!..I never had enough money to make cocaine a problem lol. "No", she said...."Where you are supposed to be is either dead....or locked up never ever going home." She was right.
I look at where I stand today....both real life and here in Secondlife....I have been given so many gifts.
I've been allowed to help a lot of people..real life as well as here. I have such a vantage point to look and see dreams fulfilled.
Just one of the dreams I've been granted the grace to see is Andors place here at Benares East. When I bought that sim I sat down and laid out a parcel plan....I wanted everyone to have a place that fit their needs as well as a place that was..*them*. When I took Andor out to show him a parcel with a wonderful ocean view...and great privacy...he moved out there instantly....it was *him*.
That's the parcel shot for today. Andor called me yesterday to inform me that around the middle of this month his journey in life will take him away from us. My first reaction was of sadness....but after a 'not too sound of sleep' night...I sit today and am so grateful that I had a chance to both see his dream...and perhaps had a small part in helping it along. Such a gift isn't offered to all of us.
Of course all of you that do do me the honor of looking at this site understand some of my story of starting out in Secondlife, and the reason I do as much as I can to make the Secondlife experience a positive one for all that I meet. Valeri is our newest person to set her *home* here and that's just one more gift that I'm given. I tell all the new people to please feel free to IM me if they get *lost...confused...need Info* {Hmm...that must mean they're new =^..^=} You know?, some do...and that makes my day here. And all I'm doing was what was done so freely for me.
My friend that had thought about getting a homestead sim to use as their own has wisely { I think} decided that that might not be a financially viable option. For me it was good to have them come to me both to ask for advice...as well as come back and thank me when they decided that it wasn't a necessary thing for them. Today I can see that it's also a gift to have people respect me enough to ask my advice.
I haven't added people at the end or this post for awhile that make a difference....I've been thinking about it...{OK, OK, no jokes about smelling wood burning either! }. I have a couple today to add to that list...
Headed in world in a few to see if Barbara is about ready to texture her house....
Also...for the *geeks*... Check out the recent post from Crap Mariner, http://firstlife.isfullofcrap.com/ RE: Using an image map for web profile...darn it wish I knew a lot more about all this *stuff*...
And so it goes
I love you all, brinda
Namaste
****************************************************************************************
people that make a difference:
Ling Hotshot......
Polyhistor Serpente.....
Crap Mariner......

No comments:

Post a Comment