Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Stuff...& blog ethics

******************************Where we come from****************************** *****************************************************************************

Stuff I think about...A recent count of blogs is one hundred thirty three million... {and yes, I'm curious how someone knows that or why I'm curious}. Many of those blogs are monetized (ad space) and I suppose many are not. I think I can safely say this blog will never be read enough to worry about earning money.

Where I'm going with this is that my original premise when I started this blog was to be able to write stories and talk about what ever was going on in all my worlds and to do that without trolling others or being dishonest. I try and write what I hope others would find informative, thoughtful, and sometimes funny. If a blog isn't monetised, the only other reason to write publicly is ego... we want to be acknowledged, to be read. {and yes Virginia, I suffer from enough ego for a couple of people!}

Virtual worlds are still worlds... never mind teleports or flying or being a furry, the common thing we end up with in any world is our reputation. Today I try to live all my lives in a manner best said by the author Richard Bach when he wrote his book Illusions (first printed in 1977), "Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world-- even if what is published is not true". What I've found in these last few years is living like that has become pretty darned easy to do............more to come in future posts.

And so it goes

I love you all, brinda

Namaste

नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment