Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Sunday, May 1, 2011

Do You Have a "Bucket List"? I do...

********************************Where we come from**************************
************************************************************************
I rarely take the time to go see movies.
But this morning as I struggled to get my eyes open, yelled at the dog I'm babysitting  for friend, and apologised to my cat for said dog invading the house, I found myself watching perhaps the last thirty minutes of a movie that came out around three years ago. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in their movie, "The Bucket List" .

There were two quotes that so jumped out at me:
Of the two questions asked of the dead by the gods at the entrance to heaven, Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others?
And,
You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.

First, I wonder if I ever will understand if I truly understand the extent of joy.
Second, I do hope I have and will continue to bring some measure of joy to others.

Maybe the second is more important than the first.

And so it goes
My love to you all, brinda
Namaste
नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment