Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The gift...

*******************************Where we come from*****************************
****************************************************************************
Monday afternoon I sat down with my very first friend in Secondlife, four years ago I met Lala at the Morris welcome area, now before you all gasp, "What!", in those days both Secondlife and the welcome areas were a lot more friendly than either are now. A busy day then would see perhaps 28,000 on line and while Secondlife by then had grown beyond it's early days of *everyone knowing everyone else*, there was still a sense of community.
It didn't take long before Lala *adopted* me as her Secondlife Mom and for us to establish a deep friendship that continues to this day.
Lala was in her last year of high school when we met... in a few weeks she will graduate from University and is looking forward to a post graduate degree.
You see, I never cease to be amazed at the gifts I receive from a chance encounter with and advertisement I saw for this thing called Secondlife so many days ago.
In a life lived long ago I made some very selfish choices, and because of those choices I missed watching my own daughter grow up. Secondlife has allowed me a another chance to watch a young woman grow into adulthood.... that for me is a priceless gift.
And so it goes
I love you all, brinda
Namaste
नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment