Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reflections of a time past...

******************************Where we come from******************************
*******************************************************************
This weekend is Memorial Day in the USA, the weekend my country honours all those military service men and women that have truly given that *last full measure* their lives, in the service of this country, and perhaps your country as well in some cases.
I am getting older.
For many years this weekend was a time to party, to enjoy the company of friends and often family.
Not so this year, for what ever reason today has been a day of melancholy and reflection.
My physical health is good, and while all my family in that world where I breathe is gone, I am blessed with so many that love me in these virtual worlds.
Something is just different this year.
The USA is a country of emigrants... all of us, unless you are a member of those native American Indian groups. While Ellis Island off of New York city is where most of the early immigrants arrived, the potato Famine in Ireland found many of the Irish entering the USA via the South.
One of my earliest memories is listening to the music my grand parents loved.
Below please find one of their favorites, {mine too}, as well as one that I have come to love.
Eva Cassidy, gone at 33.

I know next week will be different... time makes everything different.

And so it goes
I love you all, brinda
Namaste
नमस्ते

                  

                   

1 comment:

  1. Brinda, I hope your spirits lift you up as the day progresses. Happy Memorial Day!

    I am also reminded of times gone by. My parents emigrated to the US in the early 70s. They suffered so that when I was born, we had a safe home to live.

    It's such a shame when good singers leave this world far too soon.

    ReplyDelete