Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Thursday, September 23, 2010

This is Just a Visit...Enjoy it

*************************Where we come from************************ I awoke early this morning thinking about how ephemeral any life is.

I've learned few things really well in life... I guess that's why I try to study life so completely. One of the life lessons I have learned is that I don't have to know "how" I know things...I need to know "when" I know things.

Something was very different this morning... First I awoke thinking about a purported conversation Lord Buddha had with three monks. He asked the monks how often they thought about death....

One said he thought about death every day, "Not enough", was the reply.

The second said with every bite of food, "Not enough"...

The third said he thought about death with every breath in and every breath out, "Perfect".

I don't intend for this post to be negative or a downer... this is about life, great glorious life!

After I logged in to Twitter I saw we had lost Adric Antfarm http://www.adric.us/.

I saw again in my life that sometimes I guess I feel things. I don't pretend to think that I "knew" his moment of death because I didn't...it's just that a couple of days ago I started thinking about all of our lives.

In this past week I have had several people return to my life. People that I didn't think had necessarily passed on.... just that our paths had separated in such a way that we would no longer meet in this life. My personal belief is that I keep doing these lives until I get it right... and just as I don't remember my hour of birth... I don't remember my last death.

If we stop and think about it...with in excess of five billion people in the world the chances of meeting any single person are very low. I feel such privilege at being able to live with the technology of today, I can log on to Secondlife and instantly connect, often in an intimate fashion, with those of you that if nothing else I financially couldn't afford to visit.

I wrote a few days ago that Laurali had returned to not only Secondlife, but Benares as well. Andor has returned to Secondlife recently... actually he came to the Islands last evening to look at Barbara's architectural efforts on the West homestead, Andy didn't stop and chat...and I can perhaps imagine why. Leaving any life or place we love can be to some degree painful or we wouldn't be human. I've recently seen Jakob on line..I did send an IM...no response is just that, no response. There are any number of reasons for that, none of which are personal.

I recently read something from Jack Kornfield about how I need to, "Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end."

That's hard for me...I thirst for knowledge... I might be better served in just listening to all of your hearts.

And so it goes

Adric I know you can hear us, we miss you.

My love to you, brinda

Namaste

नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment