Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Changing Worlds..sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly

*********** Is This Perfect? Was It Done Perfectly The First Time? **********
*************************************************************************
This part of my life's story started about 1985 when I returned to a place of confinement 'one more time'. Most of you will never know the pain of watching people you first meet at age 18 in 1960 still sitting in prison 25 years later...it's been another 25 years since then, and if those people are still alive... they are still sitting there. Together we watched the news as Carl Chessman was executed in 1960... we saw the Manson girls come... we watched so many of us maybe waste this life. One of those people turned me onto a book in 1985 that eventually changed my life. The book wasn't a religious text, I have remained an atheist since my first glimmer of *What If* in 1958. The book I was given was Jonathon Livingston Seagull, a story by a writer named Richard Bach. It was written in 1970, became a best seller and a cult hit. Five years later for me came, Illusions, The adventures of a reluctant Messiah. Here's a Youtube that has some of the quotations from the Messiahs Handbook. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3PfRw3xCpk&feature=related Yesterday I found Bach's latest work in my favorite bookstore. Hypnotizing Maria. While much of Bach's premise on who we are hasn't changed, the way it's expressed has and should. So often it's not what we say...it's what another hears. I hope some of you take the time to find these three volumes. *** I realize this rambles...I suppose it's a measure of where my head is today...and has been since I read that last book. Hypnotizing Maria is a small volume, 154 pages, about an hour and a half's read...it will take a lot longer for me to absorb though. It's so difficult to remember your objective to drain the swamp when you're ass deep in alligators. I don't know if anyone noticed that I said "maybe wasted" this life in the early lines above. I'm certain I didn't waste mine. When the student is ready... the teacher will appear. Who would have ever thought a person spending their life inside a prison would free me from mine? If they did free me.......was their life wasted? Our world here in Secondlife is changing...will it be better, worse, or just different? Have we wasted this time? We have the power to change the outcome. I hope we do it together.
And so it goes I love you all, brinda Namaste नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment