Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Friday, April 15, 2011

Four Years & Friends...

******************************Where we come from***************************
                
*******************************************************************************
My fourth rezz day is fast approaching and no one is more surprised than myself.
I have been here in Secondlife for one half of its existence.
I'm now as old here as those people that so amazed me when I first came... as old as Prissielou was when she took me under her wing and made me feel "a part of".
It's been an amazing journey and I want to thank all of you that have accompanied me on this journey.

There are a couple of people here that hold a special place in my heart.
Two came to Secondlife about the same time I did, and it's such a privilege to still have the early ones with me... I have seen that that's not the case for everyone.

Lala was my first friend, and such a joy to watch this young woman grow up from a senior in high school to someone that's graduated from University.

Twinkle. What can I say... Twinkle took me from someone that came to Secondlife unable to do things as simple as copy/paste to where I am now.
It's one thing to sit beside someone and show them how to do things with a PC... try doing it from nearly 20,000 kms away. Thank you will have to be enough.

Ling who I profiled recently, came along about seven months into this voyage. I know she will always be there... even when my decisions aren't the best.

This past year has seen another woman that's become very dear to me. Raven came to Benares just over a year ago and has finally figured out that becoming a contributory member of Secondlife doesn't always mean that one must build or script or perform. Being a member of a community is contributing... being there to chat with people is contributing.
Raven has also learned that we must constantly refine our vision here if we are to remain so in this next year I do expect to see further growth.

I have no idea how all of this will end. If Secondlife were to shut down next week....  I have a life boat ready to Inworldz, and would ask all of my Benares family to join me.
Yesterday was my 69th birthday in that life where we sleep, I'm still in good health and log in everyday with that same passion of those four years ago.
The journey continues.
And so it goes
I love you all, brinda
Namaste
नमस्ते



No comments:

Post a Comment