Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Friday, February 4, 2011

Secondlife Men & Perceived Social Skills...

******************************Where we come from***************************** ****************************************************************************

Men in my Secondlife........As we so often see in any life, men come in many sizes and shapes emotionally. I've one former resident that I suspect would have loved to have had a more serious relationship with me and yet he always treated me as a treasured friend and with the greatest respect. Today he's busy in another area of his life and I will continue to miss him both as a resident and as a friend I got to chat with often.

My newer direction in Secondlife concerns mentoring men as opposed to my past efforts focused on women... so far it's been fulfilling. I usually end up working on just one person at a time and my current effort with Lawton is no exception. He's bright, polite, and willing to take suggestions [as in load a third party viewer!].

Another guy in my Secondlife has proved to be something very different from my experience with Lawton.... we've all likely had this stuff go on. He says, would you like to go dancing? I say no, I don't dance here in Secondlife. He says why not. I explain about watching cartoons on screen. He says dancing would be blah, blah, blah................... ad infinitum. I facetiously ask if he's dyslexic and doesn't understand. Trust me on this... he will understand soon. Anytime someone refuses to accept a no answer... they are trying to manipulate you. I don't manipulate easily.

But before I get too negative I look at the guys here at Benares.

AlexHayden Junibalya GuitarDan Silversmith loegan Magic Smithy Miami Jakob Faulds

None of these men have ever acted in any way other than that of gentlemen. Yes, I have to say that women in general have "X" times the social skills of men... but the men we have in our community are priceless.

And so it goes

My love to you all, brinda

Namaste

नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment