Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do My Dreams Continue...Maybe

*****************************Where we come from***************************** ***************************************************************************** There is wonderful news for the future of Secondlife! Maybe. The future of Secondlife will continue to fail us at every turn! Maybe. No one knows the future of Secondlife. Maybe. One or all of these statements will turn out to be true. Maybe. Confusing? Yes, absolutely. OK... first a caveat about this post. Somewhere I read a general rule about writing pretty much anything supposedly original if the writer is just rearranging the words of others. It's not acceptable. I do have a couple of sentences of my own about the latest news concerning just where the future of Secondlife is headed, but the real meat will be found in the links to a couple of the blogs I will list. The most definitive information about our direction comes from and interview with Rod Humble the current CEO of Linden Lab by Dusan Writer, you can read the complete article here. That article had me all warm and fuzzy =^..^=... Then I read Lalo Tellings post here and decided we, the customers of Secondlife, had a great future and all would be perfect. Finally after a nights sleep, this morning I read what soror Nishi had to say. Both soror and Lalo are respected writers and original thinkers and in this case while one may have a slightly more cautious view I see some hope for all of us. I have made no bones about my desire to remain in Secondlife. I also realise that so many that create find other worlds more welcoming and economical, and in the case of Inworldz so much more like the stories I've heard about the community feeling that Secondlife started with. I really want to continue to believe the dreams I had early on and much of what Mr. Humble says allows me those dreams. I'm also old enough to understand that Mr. Humble has to answer to those whose money allows our world to exist. And so it goes My love to you all, brinda Namaste नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment