Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Saturday, April 24, 2010

Passion and Truth

Keep in mind that I'm not a terribly social person...in any life. I have gotten so much better here in Secondlife but those of you that can do what I saw Porter do yesterday just blow me away. Porter has been in Secondlife a day or so over six weeks and early on I heard her say something about she was a singer. Now I've heard people tell me they were singers before...in both worlds...rarely was that true. Yes, all of us can *sing*...most all of us shouldn't! This girl can SING! She caught me in-world yesterday about noon and mentioned that she was to perform at two. I had "stuff" to do...it's not that important...she won't know if I'm there or not..(that parts true lol). Recently she had mentioned she had done a show and my comment was, "Oh I wish you had told me!". I really do try and tell the truth. So if I really wished she had told me......then go. I am so glad I went... I intend to group notice future performances and encourage all of you to take the time to hear this woman. Porter Paquot, check her out.

Here are a couple of screen shots I took of the performance...

Porters dance animations were so fitting. She has such great stage presence and the true professionals ability to draw her audience in to the show with a constant reminder that she understands that people want to be communicated with...not sang "at", or talked "at".

Seeing this kind of crowd on a Friday early afternoon is impressive.

Latest metrics show Secondlife's slowest concurrency is Friday afternoon until Tuesday early pm. ***

What's so important about Porters activities in Secondlife is that she has found a purpose...a passion here. I firmly believe that to continue in this virtual world one must find something that makes you *want* to be here. Shopping will only last so long...pixel sex won't last either...intimate relationships are what makes this platform into a world. Intimate in the true sense of the word...

***

I hope all that read this find your own passion...let's stay as long as the lights are on!

And so it goes

My love to you all, brinda

Namaste

नमस्ते

1 comment:

  1. Awww Brinda - too kind for words. I'm just a girl who loves to sing. Happy to find my place in world (and out) and be able to share myself with others this way. Love always, Porter

    ReplyDelete