Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rage... not anger, rage.

              
              
*****************************************************************************
There are times when the appropriate words fail me.
I sit here so angry... so full of rage at not only the "researcher", or the "father", or even a society that could conceivably condone these situations.
The silence will be deafening, the righteous will attend the religious service of their choice, the bigots will be smug, and the band will play on.
The time that my Buddhist compassion should calm me isn't happening.
Sadly, nothing will ever happen... to anyone.... except the ones that are experiencing this same thing today.
If you have any compassion in your heart, please take a moment to read this...
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/07/sissy.boy.experiment/index.html?iref=NS1
And wonder at the thirty years of pain this kid endured, you see the pain didn't stop when he left home,

Tomorrow I will tell you a story.
A personal story.
A story of those that "survive", and the cost to the rest of you.
Not just a cost that a dim memory will cover, or a drink will dim.
A cost in money.

And so it goes
While I am trying, I can't say I love all today.
Brinda
Namaste
नमस्ते


No comments:

Post a Comment