Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Thursday, May 13, 2010

Real Life & Secondlife today...

It's been such a whirlwind week...both in world and out...I took an hour or so this morning to sit in front of my Buddha and meditate. *** Real life has been trying to clean and organise so much of my "collection" (read junk) that I've not been good about for a couple years now. As a few of you remember I had an aborted move to southern Oregon that didn't work out, and some of that "collection" was still boxed. A lot of that stuff I tossed...working on the theory that if I haven't needed it in eighteen months.........must not need it! *** In world has been my salvation this week. I'm becoming a lot more active in the blog/forum part of Secondlife and learning so much. I hope my contributions in that area are positive ones. *** I want to publically acknowledge the help I get from Poly... Everytime I think I really know what's going on...it becomes clear that I'm full of crap! =^..^= The latest was the advertising boards...I went and bought that application 'cause I just couldn't get my brain around the thing and finally Poly spent about 30 minutes listening to my yelling and frustrations before managing to teach me very basic stuff...ie: read the instructions and follow them exactly. *** In reference to my last post, "A Love Affair"... A day later I got a gracious IM from Pituca Fairchang thanking me for the post. I love chatting with oldbies and hearing stories from Secondlifes earliest days. I sure wish I had found Secondlife earlier. *** I've had the pleasure of working with Lori this past week as well as going with her and other members of Benares to hear our Porter sing at a couple of different venues. * Lori never ceases to amaze me with her passion for Secondlife and her ability to explore the building options...flexible curtains... 'cause she said all she found in world looked like they belonged in a barn :-)). * Porter! All I can say is WOW! She had her real life band streaming with her at the "Speakeasy" music venue a couple days ago...anytime a performer in Secondlife can draw forty people to an in world location without Linden advertising says a lot about both them, the group, and the venue. Interested? Check out these links...there are a couple of music samples there. http://www.fezfatale.com/home.html http://www.myspace.com/fezfatale And so it goes I love you all, brinda Namaste नमस्ते

No comments:

Post a Comment