Life

"Listen with an open mind, but don't try to remember this stuff. There's no quiz at the end." Jack Kornfield







Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thinking about Mice =^..^=

My friend Deanna dropped in to our public area last evening and during our chat and sharing Baz Luhrmans, "Wear Sunscreen" video, I had mentioned to her that in these last few months my psychological life has undergone a dramatic change. My visit to India is certainly a part of that change...I'm not aware enough to know if the trip was cause or effect. I went out to get the mail this morning and found the latest issue of the "Shambala Sun" magazine waiting for me. So often there is such a jewel waiting just inside the back cover and today was no exception. This months jewel is a poem by Billy Collins...see footnote, and it says much about my thought processes I suppose...{maybe I think too much?!} While on the surface the poem below has absolutely nothing to do with Benares or Secondlife it spoke to me in a way that most poetry doesn't. Enjoy...life is so short.
***
(Click on image to view)
And so it goes My love to you all, brinda Namaste नमस्ते Poem copywrite by: Billy Collins (born March 21st, 1941) an American poet and a former Poet Laureate of The United States from 2001 to 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment